SPORTS

Yankees’ Stanton dealing with severe injuries in both elbows, surgery on table

The New York Yankees slugger has been dealing with severe injuries in both elbows. Stanton said that if surgery is needed, it would be a season-ending operation.

Stanton, 35, is expected to return to New York for a third round of platelet-rich plasma injections in his ailing elbows on Monday, manager Aaron Boone told reporters on Friday. The five-time All-Star is not likely to play in any exhibition games.

Stanton said on Feb. 17 after reporting to camp that he had not swung a bat in three or four weeks because of pain in both elbows. The Yankees said he had been in New York, where he received two rounds of PRP injections.

Speaking with reporters on Saturday, Stanton said that bat adjustments from last season likely led to the issues with his elbows.

Stanton hit .233 with 27 homers and 72 RBIs while playing 114 games last year.

He batted .273 with seven homers and 16 RBIs in the post-season as the Yankees reached the World Series.


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button