This Spicy Frito Corn Salad is a straightforward summer time salad recipe loaded with candy corn, crisp veggies, chili warmth and zesty, creamy dressing. Completed off with the beneficiant crunch of tacky, spicy Fritos! Brace your style buds for a taste bomb of epic proportions.
Tremendous Easy Corn Salad Recipe
We’re massive followers of Southwestern flavors in my home. From Spicy Chipotle Lime Hen Soup, to Skillet Frachos, there’s by no means a uninteresting second. And are available summertime when the climate is heat, no Mexican night time or cookout is full with out this easy and spicy Frito corn salad.
I say easy, but the flavors of this summer time corn salad are simply out-of-this-world yum. Should you love Tex Mex recipes, and simple salads, you then’re gonna love this creamy Southwest-style salad topped with crunchy spicy Fritos simply as a lot as I do.
This corn salad recipe is a definitive taste bomb that you could serve subsequent to tacos, as a BBQ aspect, or all by itself for a recent and light-weight weekday meal.
What You’ll Want
Okay, okay. The listing may look a bit lengthy, however I promise the elements for this Mexican corn salad are tremendous straightforward to return by! And the flavour payoff is subsequent stage. Right here’s the overview of what you’ll want (seek advice from the recipe card for detailed quantities):
- Corn: I take advantage of canned corn for comfort. Don’t overlook to empty it!
- Tomatoes: Ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced.
- Roasted Pink Peppers: I like the depth of taste that comes from roasting the peppers beforehand.
- Inexperienced Bell Peppers: For his or her crisp texture and juicy taste.
- Jalapeños: In true Southwestern type, I embrace diced jalapeños for a pleasant kick.
- Pink Onion: Diced. You may additionally use one other number of onion, like white or yellow.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro: Contemporary chopped cilantro. You may substitute one other herb like basil or parsley, if cilantro isn’t your cup of tea.
- Adobo Sauce: I take advantage of the sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo. Use any leftover chilies and sauce for Sluggish Cooker Taco Truck Chili!
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Mayonnaise: Provides creaminess and taste to the dressing. It’s also possible to sub in Miracle Whip, bitter cream, or ranch dressing should you favor.
- Cotija Cheese: I toss crumbled cotija cheese within the salad, with further for garnish. You may
- Chili Cheese Fritos: Coarsely crushed.
Can I Use Contemporary Corn?
You may positively use recent corn rather than canned corn on this recipe. Shave the corn kernels from the cob, or make this salad with grilled corn.
Learn how to Make Spicy Corn Salad With Fritos
Prepare for the EASIEST salad you’ll ever make. I’d give a countdown from 10, however then you would have already got this salad prepped by then!
Mix: Aside from the Fritos (for now), toss all of the salad elements collectively in a big bowl.
Chill: Cowl and refrigerate for an hour, or longer should you’d like. This lets all these spicy flavors mingle and develop.
Serve: Take your salad out of the fridge and stir within the crushed Fritos. Give the corn salad an additional garnish with cotija cheese, then serve immediately.
What did I let you know? Simple peasy.
Suggestions for Success
There isn’t a lot that may go flawed when making this tremendous straightforward corn salad! However to be sure you get pleasure from this salad at its finest, listed here are some suggestions to remember:
- Serve Instantly: The Fritos will lose their crunch the longer the salad sits, and whereas the flavour continues to be wonderful, nothing beats this salad served recent with crunchy Fritos!
- Don’t Over-Crush the Fritos: I’ve discovered that the simplest approach to frivolously crush the Fritos is with a gallon freezer bag and a rolling pin. Alternatively, you may squeeze the bag a few occasions. Attempt to not crush the chips too advantageous, as you’ll wind up with powdery bits and smaller items that may flip soggy quicker.
- Alter the Warmth: There are methods you may tone down the spice ranges of this salad for milder palates. One is to omit the jalapeños, one other is to make use of much less adobo sauce. It’s also possible to use plain Fritos as an alternative of the spicy chili cheese selection.
Listed below are simply among the some ways that you could change up the flavors and elements of this spicy Frito salad:
- Totally different Chips: I take advantage of the chili cheese Fritos for my spicy salad, however you need to use different varieties like plain Fritos or BBQ Fritos, and even corn chips should you favor.
- Totally different Cheese: You should use any number of Tex-Mex-style cheese on this recipe. Attempt cheddar, Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, or Colby Jack rather than the cotija cheese.
- Add Beans: Be happy to toss in a can of black beans or pinto beans (rinsed) to make this corn salad further hearty.
- Extra Veggies: The very best factor a couple of salad is that you need to use up any veggies that could be kicking round within the fridge. For this corn salad, I’d advocate sticking to heartier greens that may maintain up within the dressing. Yellow bell peppers, chopped kale or cabbage, chopped asparagus, radishes, and carrots are good choices.
What Goes With Frito Corn Salad?
From Taco Evening to entertaining, there are numerous methods to show this straightforward salad right into a meal. Listed below are some recommendations for methods to serve Frito salad:
Leftover Frito salad could be saved hermetic within the fridge. Keep in mind that the Frito items will change into soggy and lose their freshness over time, although. The flavors will nonetheless be superior, however the texture gained’t rival Fritos which can be recent and crunchy!
For that reason, should you plan to make this salad forward of time, or if you understand you’re going to have leftovers, combine all of the salad elements collectively and go away off the Fritos till you’re able to serve.
Extra Foolproof Summer time Salads to Attempt
This Spicy Frito Corn Salad is a straightforward summer time salad recipe loaded with candy corn, crisp veggies, chili warmth and zesty, creamy dressing. Completed off with the beneficiant crunch of tacky, spicy Fritos!
- 2 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 diced roasted pink peppers
- 1/3 cup diced inexperienced bell peppers
- 1 small jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup diced pink onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon recent floor black pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons Adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 2 tablespoons recent lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups coarsely crushed chili cheese Fritos
- In a big bowl mix all of the elements besides the Fritos Stir to mix.
- Cowl and refrigerate for no less than an hour.
- When able to serve, combine within the crushed Fritos and stir. High with extra cotija cheese to garnish. Serve instantly.
Serve instantly, because the Fritos do lose their crunch because the salad sits. It can nonetheless be good with the softer Fritos, however the crunchy Fritos are scrumptious and the perfect approach to get pleasure from this salad!
Key phrases: mexican corn salad, summer time corn salad, summer time salad recipes
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: