This cozy, creamy Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta recipe is prepared in half-hour and full of the warming flavors of fall! It’s a simple one-pot dinner made with tender pasta tossed in a wealthy pumpkin cream sauce, spiced with nutmeg and a contact of chili.
Serve this with my Southern Pecan Bread and you’ve got a very epic fall dinner concept!
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Bacon
Every now and then, I craft up a recipe that I already know is destined for the weeknight dinner Corridor of Fame. Take this straightforward pumpkin and bacon pasta recipe. It ticks each single field for a simple meal (extra on that under), and definitely, the flavors are the stuff of legends!
This pasta dinner is made in a single pot, with tender cooked pasta tossed in an irresistibly creamy, salty-spicy-savory pumpkin pasta sauce. Oh! Did I point out there’s bacon? Additionally, it’s prepared in beneath half-hour. It doesn’t get significantly better.
I don’t learn about you, however I can’t wait to cozy up with platefuls of this bacon and pumpkin pasta this fall!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are SO many causes to fall in love with this pumpkin pasta recipe (pun supposed). Listed here are my prime three:
- Main fall vibes. That is the final word fall pasta recipe. It’s creamy, it’s cozy, and it’s full of heat autumn flavors of pumpkin, plus hints of chili and nutmeg. This pumpkin pasta sauce will make you wish to lick the skillet it’s cooked in!
- Prepared in a single pot, in half-hour! I imply, does a simple dinner recipe get any higher?! In case it wants repeating, this fast pasta is made for busy, chilly weeknights.
- Nice for leftovers. Like many pasta recipes, this pumpkin pasta with bacon is even higher when reheated the next day. Storing the leftovers means further time for the farfalle pasta to absorb all that decadent cream sauce.
What You’ll Want
Under is what you’ll must make this spicy and savory pumpkin pasta with bacon. Don’t overlook to consult with the recipe card additional down for the total ingredient particulars:
- Bacon and Onion: Diced bacon and onion make up the (scrumptious) taste base for the sauce. I can’t describe how superb my kitchen smelled as they have been sauteeing collectively within the skillet. You need to use pancetta rather than bacon in the event you choose.
- White Wine: You’ll wish to use a dry white wine for this pasta sauce. Suppose sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio, chardonnay, or a dry Madeira or marsala wine.
- Rooster Inventory: Use low-sodium rooster inventory or broth. In the event you’re cooking with out wine, you possibly can substitute the wine with further inventory.
- Spices: I season this pumpkin sauce with a warming mixture of crushed pink pepper flakes and nutmeg. These spices pair fantastically with the pumpkin, and you’ll modify the warmth ranges to style. You’ll additionally want salt and pepper.
- Pumpkin Puree: The star ingredient. In the event you’ve by no means made a pasta sauce with pumpkin earlier than, you’re in for a deal with! Be sure you’re shopping for actual canned pumpkin puree, and never pumpkin pie filling. They’re not the identical!
- Cream: I take advantage of mild cream, nonetheless you should utilize an alternate like heavy cream or complete milk in the event you choose.
- Parmesan Cheese: Do your self and your dish an enormous favor and use freshly grated parmesan!
- Contemporary Parsley: Elective, for garnish.
- Pasta: You’ll want your selection of pasta noodles, cooked in keeping with the instructions on the package deal. I opted for farfalle, as they appear fairly and, extra importantly, the sauce coats the form nicely.
Learn how to Make Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta
Right here’s methods to put together this marvelous pumpkin pasta sauce shortly and simply on the stovetop:
Sauté the Bacon and Onion: In a big skillet, sauté the chopped bacon with the onion. After about quarter-hour, the bacon ought to be crisp and the onions caramelized. Don’t overlook to empty any extra grease.
Deglaze the Pan: Subsequent, pour within the white wine and rooster inventory. Use a plastic or wood spoon to scrape and carry these browned, flavorful bits from the underside of the skillet. Add the pumpkin, cream, and seasonings to the skillet.
End the Sauce: Permit your pumpkin sauce to simmer, giving it a stir every now and then. After 5 minutes, you’ll take the skillet off the warmth and, lastly, stir within the grated parmesan.
Add Pasta and Serve: Lastly, add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle over some recent chopped parsley and extra parm in the event you’d like, then serve!
Suggestions and Variations
This recipe is so easy whereas packing in a great deal of taste! It doesn’t take a lot for it to end up excellent. Nonetheless, listed below are some useful notes and attainable recipe variations:
- Don’t overlook to salt your pasta water. Add a hefty spoonful of salt to the water you’ll use to boil the pasta. That is key to well-seasoned, flavorful noodles! Additionally, if it is advisable skinny out the sauce in any respect, including a spoonful of starchy pasta water is a good way to do it.
- Take the pot off the warmth earlier than including the parmesan cheese, to keep away from clumping.
- Use sausage as an alternative of bacon. This recipe seems nice when made with floor sausage, too (you can too try my recipe for Creamy Pumpkin Sausage Pasta!).
- For a vegetarian model, go away the bacon out altogether and use vegetable inventory rather than the rooster inventory.
- Make your individual pasta. Dry pasta makes this recipe tremendous handy. Nonetheless, be at liberty to make use of your favourite home made pasta recipe when you’ve got one! Or, strive it with my straightforward Do-it-yourself Egg Noodles.
What to Serve With Pumpkin Pasta
This pumpkin pasta makes a beautiful and fast fall dinner. Listed here are a few of our favourite facet concepts to spherical out a meal:
Learn how to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
Retailer leftover pumpkin pasta refrigerated hermetic for as much as 3 days. The flavors truly develop much more with time! Reheat the pasta on the stovetop or within the microwave with a splash of water or inventory to revive the sauce.
Can I Freeze This?
Whereas I don’t suggest freezing the pasta, the pumpkin pasta sauce might be saved in a freezer-safe container and saved frozen for as much as 3 months. Defrost the sauce within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating, then cook dinner up a recent batch of pasta to serve it with.
This creamy Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta is prepared in half-hour and full of the flavors of fall! Made with tender pasta tossed in a velvety pumpkin cream sauce, spiced with nutmeg and a contact of crushed pink pepper.
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup rooster inventory
- 1 teaspoon crushed pink pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (15- ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup mild cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon recent floor black pepper
- 1/2 cup recent grated parmesan cheese
- Elective garnish – recent parsley
- 1 pound pasta cooked in keeping with package deal instructions, make sure that to salt your water relating to a boil.
- In a big skillet or Dutch oven over medium warmth, cook dinner the bacon and onion collectively till the bacon is crisp and the onions are tender and evenly caramelized, about quarter-hour.
- Drain extra bacon grease from the skillet and add within the wine and inventory, scraping up the brown bits within the backside of the pan. Add within the crushed pink pepper, nutmeg, pumpkin, cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix and convey the combination to a low boil. Cut back warmth to low and simmer for five minutes, stirring incessantly. Take away the pan from the warmth and stir within the parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Garnish with recent parsley and extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve instantly
- In the event you don’t have wine, you possibly can omit it and enhance the inventory
- Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Can be made with floor sausage as an alternative of bacon.
Key phrases: pumpkin pasta sauce, pasta in pumpkin sauce, fall dinner concepts
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
Extra Cozy Pasta Recipes
PIN for later: