Arden Cho could wish to examine up on some authorized jargon: The Teen Wolf and Chicago Med alum will lead a small-screen adaptation of Helen Wan’s 2013 novel The Accomplice Observe, which scored a collection order at Netflix on Tuesday.
Created and exec-produced by The Expanse author Georgia Lee, Accomplice Observe will star Cho as Ingrid Yun, an idealistic and whip-smart younger girl who is keen to be the primary Asian-American junior accomplice at Parsons Valentine, an elite white-shoe legislation agency in Manhattan. “As Ingrid bargains and fights her approach by means of these male energy constructions, she wrestles with what it means to be true to herself,” reads the official character description.
The next six solid members have additionally been added to Accomplice Observe‘s ensemble:
* Bradley Gibson (Energy Ebook II: Ghost) as Tyler Robinson, an ethical and righteous star litigator at Parsons Valentine.
* Alexandra Turshen (Ray Donovan) as Rachel Friedman, described as “a girl of hedonistic tendencies with a fast mouth,” who realizes her aspirations don’t lie with the legislation.
* Dominic Sherwood (Shadowhunters) as Jeff Murphy, a mysterious lateral switch from Parsons Valentine’s London workplace who works to show himself in New York.
* Rob Heaps (Good Women) as Nick Laren, probably the most eligible bachelor in New York Metropolis and inheritor to one of many largest enterprise capital companies on the planet.
* Nolan Gerard Funk (The Flight Attendant) as Dan Fallon, the epitome of privilege.
* Matthew Rauch (Banshee) as Marty Adler, the highest mergers and acquisitions managing accomplice at Parsons Valentine, described as surgical, sharp and ruthless.
“We’re pleased with the unimaginable group assembled to carry to life Accomplice Observe, an empowering story instructed by means of the eyes of our Asian-American lead character Ingrid Yun, performed by the proficient Arden Cho,” stated Jinny Howe, vice chairman of authentic collection at Netflix. “Filled with enjoyable and romance, it is a modern and insightful have a look at the added pressures for girls and people of underrepresented backgrounds within the office at this time.”
Accomplice Observe‘s first season spans 10 hour-long episodes and can shoot in New York. Are you excited to see the novel come to life?