Peacock’s modern reimagining of the beloved and culture-defining 90s sitcom The Contemporary Prince of Bel-Air has introduced the total important forged.
The collection regulars embrace:
– Newcomer Jabari Banks as Will
– Adrian Holmes as Phillip Banks (At That Age, V Wars)
– Cassandra Freeman as Vivian Banks (The Enemy Inside, Atlanta)
– Olly Sholotan as Carlton Banks (Run Conceal Struggle, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
– Coco Jones as Hilary Banks (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
– Akira Akbar as Ashley Banks (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
– Jimmy Akingbola as Geoffrey (Most Harmful Recreation, In The Lengthy Run)
– Jordan L. Jones as Jazz (Rel, Snowfall)
– Simone Pleasure Jones as Lisa (The Chair, What If)
Peacock has ordered two seasons of the collection adaptation of Morgan Cooper’s viral fan movie Bel-Air.
Cooper wrote and directed the four-minute spec trailer, debuting the video on social media in March 2019.
The trailer has amassed practically 7 million views on YouTube and in the end caught the eye of Smith, and in a response video, Smith referred to as the movie and concept good.
“Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom The Contemporary Prince of Bel-Air that leans into the unique premise: Will’s difficult journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air,” reads the present’s official logline.
“With a reimagined imaginative and prescient, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, feelings and biases that had been inconceivable to totally discover in a 30-minute sitcom format, whereas nonetheless delivering swagger and nods to the unique present.”
“Now we have simply formally closed the take care of Peacock with an unprecedented two-season-order from a pitch,” Smith shared in a video final 12 months, confirming the pickup.
“I’ve been on this enterprise for 30 years, and that doesn’t occur. They ordered two full seasons of Bel-Air based mostly on the standard of the pitch and the work that you just guys have performed. So I wish to say congratulations. I’m hyped.”
What are your ideas on the forged?
Are you excited for the reboot?
Hit the feedback.
Paul Dailly is the Affiliate Editor for TV Fanatic. Comply with him on Twitter.